Friday 27 February 2009

Babies!

Last year there were a lot of funerals - of close relatives. However, I am pleased to announce that three babies have made their way into the world this week. Firstly Holly Louise Harvey weighing in at a monstrous 9lb 9oz - that must have made Hazel's eyes water! Holly was followed a couple of days later by Ava Ruby who is Cindy's first grandchild. Today my stepmother announced the arrival of her 13th grandchild - between them my father and her have 20 grandchildren (7 children but as you can see our side is less fecund!).
I have also noticed that there are a significant number of bumps in my office - is there something in the air? Should we be planning increased numbers in Rainbow units in 2014-16? Is this something we should include in our planning?
Talking about planning; I asked Guiders at County Day about their three wishs and there were quite a range. Some we can help with or think about but admin, removing the retirement age and getting Sophie Wessex to visit might be outside our ability to influence!

No comments: