Saturday 20 February 2010

One World One Beat and Dittons Exhibition

Today I went to One World One Beat at Cobham. I know that it is not a Surrey West event but it was in Surrey West and a large number of Surrey West members went and, importantly, helped in a variety of capacities including on the organising committee. I went, unusually, as a Leader which was great because I got to really join in. It was fun! The girls had a brilliant time.

The previous day I went to Ditton Library to see the opening of the Dittons Centenary exhibition. What a lot of hard work has been put in! I hope this will really raise Girlguiding's profile locally. I hope other Districts and Divisions will do something similar - all those vacant shops would be fantastic for putting a display in. Just a thought.

No comments: