Tuesday 23 December 2008

Happy Christmas to one and all

I have done my last piece of paid work before Christmas, have a couple of Guiding phone calls to make and then I am ready to celebrate an exclusively family Christmas. The turkey is in the fridge, the children are decorating the house, my son is desperate to make pigs in blankets (sausages in bacon to the uninitiated) and there is the spare room to prepare for my mother in law. Tomorrow my PC will go into its bag and not come out, my mobile will be answered selectively and you will find me slaving over a hot stove making turkey stock, mincepies and so on. I hope I find you in the same happy place, looking forward to a quiet/festive/party time according to your preference. I hope you all get the presents you most want and that the new year will see you refreshed and ready to get back into Guiding.

I look forward to working with you all in 2009 - and the start of the Centenary.

No comments: