Tuesday 19 May 2009

Bear Grylls - a good choice for the Scouts

It's been a little while since the last posting on here. I've been busy doing this and that; accounts, finding advisers, thinking through a few things....but what I really wanted to say was "Well done, Scouts" for getting Bear Grylls to be Chief Scout. We really need to do the same. So what I need is a role model from Surrey happy to be a super-ambassador for Surrey West. But who? Julia Bradbury of Countryfile - she lives in Rutland? Katy Hill - she lives in LA? Dame Ellen McCarthy - she must live near the sea? One of the Olympic rowers - actually that might be worth looking into...

1 comment:

Clare said...

I too was pleased to hear about Bear Grylls. My initial thought was Ellen Macarthur, but an Olympic rower would be amazing. I have a contact at Leander; but that's not exactly local!

I enjoy the blog, interesting to see what's going on in the CC's mind!

Clare Groome
2nd Ottershaw Brownies/Guides