Sunday 21 June 2009

Count to ten!

My week has been a series of highs and lows! Blues and Twos was brilliant of course but there have been some moments when I just wanted to scream and smash things. Usually I contain myself to slamming a few doors. I can't go into details on any of the situations but the thing that really, really p***** me off is when people accuse me of acting dishonestly particularly when I have gone out of my way to check my steps out and the situation is not of my making. To be accused of cheating, being deliberately disruptive or anything if there is a grain of truth is one thing, but not if there is absolutely no grain of truth.

However, there is a lesson I have learnt over a period of time and that is to count to ten before replying and then waiting a bit longer as the steam may still be coming out of my ears even after ten. Then I can plan a proper reply - usually involving what my father calls a "Save Your arse" file where evidence is gathered to support you if the situation ever arises again. Fortunately, being unkeen on the phone and being an avid emailer and writer, I can usually build a satisfactory audit trail.

My goodness, it was cathartic to get that off my chest!

No comments: