Thursday 11 June 2009

Transport

The Tube strike was an interesting experience yesterday - I usually walk to my office near Victoria from Waterloo. It takes about 30 minutes but is good for my soul and good for my heart. Yesterday, there were far more people walking; many of them clearly suffering with sweat running down their faces and the realisation that flat shoes may be uncool but uncool is good in some circumstances.

However, in the afternoon I had to travel across London to Tower Hill. Thinking I would be clever, I booked a cab. Unfortunately just as we set out they closed Whitehall which had a knock on impact on Westminster backing up to Victoria. A half hour journey took three times as long to do. I was very,very late so I only had ten minutes with my client before they had to leave.

On my way back I popped into Tower Hill tube in case there were any trains - and there were. I almost had a train to myself. At Embankment the Northern Line was running so I got to Waterloo very quickly.

For the rest of the week I am going to work at home!

No comments: