Sunday 30 August 2009

Welcome back

Nearly September and my Guide-free summer is at an end. Not Guide-free really of course with the Centenary launches looming added to:
  • continued work on the new Herons Wey toilet blocks
  • the launch of GO!
  • enquiries about places in units
  • a couple of complaints - no details but I will say how hard it is to help with people who won't listen
  • appointment of a Guide Adviser duo
  • review of accounts
  • reading Adventure 100 - now there is a year's worth of programme ideas on its own.
  • writing reports on P50K funding (OK I haven't done it yet)
  • talking about a Commissioners Conference
  • talking about training for Leaders n behavioural issues
  • more - much more...

As I come up to one year in role I can look back and realise I have learnt a lot. Not being a manager, I am learning much about dealing with people.

No comments: