Sunday 18 October 2009

QM - to be

Next weekend I am spending my first weekend as QM for my GIC's Test Residential. I have QM'ed lots of time on overnights and regularly cook for 16 at home so it ought to be OK. The Guides have chosen their menu - or at least as much as I have asked them. I am also trying to add some bits for Adventure 100 (eat up-side-down food..) so it has been a test for me too. I hope I haven't been too ambitious. The Guides love cooking so I think it should be OK although our star cook, Olivia, won't be there. Olivia last year, when we cooked Christmas dinner in tin foil because the kitchen had no pans in spite of having a proper catering cooker, made stuffing from scratch with the barest of equipment - and it was delicious. I have a lot to live up too.

The "Hammurabai's vision" wide game that is currently living in my head will be written down in the next few days.

Then all I have to do is buy the food....I have got rid of the last two bags of (unnamed) lost property from my boot. It was shoes and old clothes and my car was starting to smell really bad so it was time for them to go. The things we do in the name of Guiding- still we wouldn't do it if it wasn't fun and we couldn't laugh about it.

No comments: