Thursday 8 October 2009

Just chill!

It is a little while since my last post because I have been very busy. Not with particularly pleasant things either. Is it the time of year, I wonder? Is the worsening weather leading to worsening moods? Suddenly everyone is having a go at everyone else. So much for being a Sister to all Guides! Look, people! It is easy to find something to complain about but why make the effort? In the greater scheme of things the things that upset us are mostly trivial and with a quick word in someone's ear can be resolved quickly and amicably. Why let it escalate? After all, what ends up happening is that I have to deal with it. Anger does not solve anything on any occasion. I mean - not on any occasion, none whatsoever.

Remember what Enid said - Smile, dear, or you'll make everyone miserable.

Next time something irritates you, why not take a couple of minutes to work out whether it is really important. Why not put your feet up and have a glass of wine or cup of tea while you ponder. Then either let it go - or have a quiet, friendly word in someone's ear and explain, gently, how their action/words made you feel.

If you want a fight, take up boxing not guiding.

(if anyone is upset about this posting then I am very sorry and I promise not to put negative postings on that often. This is, though, a plea from the heart)

No comments: