Sunday 12 June 2011

Cycling and walking

Last week I bought a bike - with a certain amount of trepidation having not cycled for so long. However, it is an absolute joy and seems to take very little effort to ride. Yesterday we cycled from Oatlands in Weybridge to New Haw and back - probably 10 miles in total and I wasn't even that tired. My hands ached from the handlebars jumping up and down as the bike hit bumps on the towpath but I thought my legs would ache - which they don't.
Next week we have very little opportunity to cycle as my husband and I are walking from the source of the Thames up to Oxford (about 60 miles) although we are fair weather walkers so may not do it if it rains. Anything that is a break from work and the long hours I have been doing is to be welcomed. It is only the thought of 500 emails to be responded to when I return that is a bit of a downer. Perhaps I will just delete them all on the basis that any that are really important will be followed up by the sender later. Or am I that brave?

PS - next Friday's Guide meeting/District event is ...... a walk along the Thames from the Excel Centre between Walton on Thames and Molesey back to the Guide Hall in Weybridge. The irony!

No comments: