Friday 17 June 2011

Letters

Just before I went on holiday, I received a letter from our neighbour at Herons Wey. It was very friendly and courteous and just shows that the effort of communicating with them was worth it. Just two weeks later I received another one! Quite different - annoyed and angry and with reason. It seems there are some users of Herons Wey who think it acceptable to disturb them early on a Sunday morning; in this case by parking across our entrance road and talking loudly - before 8am. Ask yourself whether you would be happy if someone did it outside your house. Why do our neighbours deserve less consideration and courtesy than you would? Anyway I now have to deal with it. Whoever you are - a letter will be on its way to you asking you to make amends to our neighbour - yes, I know you are a volunteer and I have no right to ask you. However, you are a member of a movement that believes in being courteous and considerate and a good neighbour. No matter how temporarily you were a neighbour to this family - you were still a neighbour. Time to do the right thing!

1 comment:

Georgina said...

Good news for Guiding - it was a D of E Group who stayed on Garners Field. It was also a D of E Group the following weekend. I thought it unlikely it was Guiding but you never know and I had to look into it.