Sunday 14 September 2008

First official engagements

Yesterday I had two official engagements - but only managed to turn up to one due to a diary malfunction (I forgot to write down the time). Thanks to Jenny Pratt from Camberley for not being cross with me and for giving me lots of craft ideas for my Guides. She also sells some brilliant Guide cards designed by her YL Hannah. I had 150 printed for the County. If you want some for you then email Jenny (craftyjenny@fsmail.net).
So my first official engagement was Picnic and Prom in the Park at Herons Wey (HW). What a fabulous evening - lovely weather, glorious surroundings, beautiful music and all for a good cause - improving water supply for HW. It really was a fantastic event and Enid Brewer and her team worked really hard to make it a success. If you missed it this time (and I know a lot of you did!) then we will probably do it again so get your order for tickets in quickly.
So I am sitting down doing paperwork - the joy of being a CC - and every so often someone emails me and I realise what lovely, helpful bunch of people we all are. Lots of wonderful ideas coming too. Enough to keep me busy for some time.
Signing off......

No comments: