Friday 12 September 2008

My first day as CC

So here it is at last and how does it feel?
Exciting? worrying? Those and more. Have I ever done anything like this before? No. Have I ever managed people before? No. Have I got good support? Yes! Have I got plans? Absolutely.

Today will be an admin day - changing things on the website, introducing myself to people, buying drink and food for tomorrow's Picnic in the Park where I am running the bar (agreed before I took on CC), oh and I will probably squeeze in some of my paid work and possibly find time to go to the Gym before Guides this evening. So, as usual, a packed day.

I think that is one of my concerns - time or lack of it. I hope that setting up a good team will help there and making good use of the County Office too. Also I need to find out who I have in County to help. I could do with some project management experience - anyone out there with Prince 2?

End of first post - I hope this works.

No comments: