Tuesday 4 November 2008

Enthusiasm and Energy

Sometimes what we all need is a burst of energy. I don't know where you get yours from but I get a real buzz from bouncing ideas around with creative people who are willing to look positively on change. What drains my energy are people who always see problems and never see solutions. Fortunately, we have lots of the first group in Guiding and I am getting to know more and more of them.
Now, I don't say things must change but we do have to be ready to move if it is necessary whether it is through relaunching the website and making this the first port of call for information (No, I haven't forgotten that not everyone has access to a computer and we will make sure those people are also catered for), changing the way we do things either in response to changes elsewhere or just to make life easier, and we also need to be prepared to reject change if it makes things worse - but we should do any or all of these only after we have thought about what changes mean and what the possible consequences are. That is what positive and creative people do. So we do have lots of them in Guiding and they are very welcome in an organisation that does not stay still.
PS - By writing about the type of people who drain my energy, please don't make the mistake of assuming that I think there are lots or even any at all in Guiding.

No comments: