Monday 3 November 2008

Family comes first

As several people have reminded me recently; we are all volunteers - and that includes me. This means that family and work (usually in that order) must take priority over Guiding.
For the past few weeks I have been juggling a recently bereaved mother, a hospitalised mother-in-law and a Great-Aunt rapidly losing her sight. I have also been trying to fit in work at what is usually the busiest time of year for me. As a result I have not been able to do as much as I would have liked to as CC. So if I have turned up late, forgotten to acknowledge you, responded in a curt way or not at all, I hope you will bear with me as it is a difficult time. A little bit of patience, forbearance and support always helps as I am not super-human. Fortunately I met several people at the weekend who were willing and able to listen and reassure and I would like to say a big Thank you to them all. Things will be back on track again soon I hope.

No comments: