Monday 17 November 2008

Lots of people to meet

It has been a few days since I last posted anything so I hope you haven't got bored waiting! There has been so much to do that time has just slipped by. There have been goodbyes to say and welcome to new appointment holders. I have met more people through a series of suppers I have been holding.

This week I will be meeting the Youth Development Service to seek funding. This is very important to us as this funding helps us manage our costs and keep them at a manageable level. The funding is aimed at teenagers and we have put together an integrated programme of bids that we hope will be attention grabbing. Most County Commissioners have to do this at least once in their period of office and, as it has happened so early in mine, I suspect I will be doing it again at some future period. I hope you will cross everything you have and think positive thoughts between 4pm and 5pm on Thursday so we get as much as we can.

No comments: