Monday 19 January 2009

Herons Wey and Water and the Centenary

So - the quiet of Christmas is at last at an end.
Having spent a little time at Weyside this weekend helping with the cleaning (Thanks to Muriel, Val and everyone else who came to help) I am back at Herons Wey today, in the pouring rain, to talk about the borehole. When it is so wet you can forget just how dry Herons Wey can be but it is gravel there and free draining although, fortunately, water is not far below the surface. It would be great to have the water supply improved before the camping season but the wheels seem to grind very very slowly....
On the water theme I need to look at how far Imber Court is from the river - could we arrive by boat? That would be different at least. I have already invited my guest - we can invite a guest provided they have at some point made a Guide Promise. Well, my mother was a Guide just after the war, although she may not thank me for telling you the dates. So I have asked her if she would like to come.

No comments: