Tuesday 6 January 2009

Widening the talent pool - or sharing the load

There is a saying that if you want something done you should ask a busy woman and that seems to be true - those that do something, do everything. Maybe they just can't say "No" or maybe there is someone equally capable in their shadow who doesn't really know how to get themselves noticed.

So today I wrote a long "Situations Vacant" list covering everything from those developing County strategy (long term plans) to fundraisers to Advisers to people to do one-off projects and so on. I know it is ambitious but I think we can fill these roles - maybe not if we just tell Leaders but definitely if we tell our friends, families, parents of the girls, Trefoil Guild.......so let's go for it. It is very hard to resist if someone asks you directly. Optimistically I hope my email will be bursting over the next few weeks with offers of help. Just a small wish, I feel, but one that you can make come true if you really believe.

(Widening the talent pool is business speak for making sure we know about and make best use of everyone's talents. )

No comments: