Monday 6 April 2009

40 miles up and down mountains

I had a fabulous week last week in Turkish Cyprus walking in the mountains. We formally walked for about 40 miles but this was up and down mountains and before one of the walks we had to walk up 462 steps (not included in the final distance) and over 600 before another. That is without the walking for sightseeing purposes. However, this was graded easy/medium.....Nevertheless it is the first time my husband and I have tried anything like this and we came back with one blister between us and no sunburn (thank you factor 30). Now I shall offer to lead a walk on May 9th for our sponsored walk for Herons Wey, perhaps 7 miles. We also intend to walk more and are looking at the south Downs Way.
After one day at work I am off to camp tomorrow for two days before one more day at work and then the Easter break. What a life!

No comments: