Monday 27 April 2009

Looking forward to a quiet weekend - away

On Friday I am going with my family to stay with my sister in her French house. Before I go I have a training course to run - joint UK/US so timed 12 noon to 8pm although with driving we are really talking 10am to 10pm as it is in Cambridge. Then I have a Commonwealth badge to test on Thursday and it is off to France on Friday. Therefore, it was important to get the agenda and noted for the County Exec ready asap to give people time to read them and think about them. Well, I did it yesterday and I feel really relieved. I am trying to be very orderly about managing my time and for the moment it seems to be working. This involves not doing things today unless it is essential but allocating tasks to a date in the future. Each day has enough activity for that day and no more - if someone wants to add something then it is deferred to the next available day unless essential in which case something else is deferred. I hope you are keeping up with this explanation! I find it particularly useful if required to make phone calls which I will avoid at all costs unless forced.

If you are reading this blog would you mind leaving a comment? Even just to say that you look at it from time to time. I know people do look at it as they tell me but I have no idea who the rest are. Also someone asked me about Twitter - I don't know about it so it worth finding out abut?

2 comments:

Chris A said...

The time management sounds a very good idea - when I have time I might try to do it!

Chris

Hazel1975 said...

If you are managing your time fairly well then I would suggest leaving Twitter alone!
It's meant to be very addictive and can mean you telling the world what you are up to every minute of the day....