Friday 11 September 2009

Praise for Wet and Wacky

On Sunday we launched the Centenary with Wet and Wacky. This was organised for 3000 people by just 6 (SIX) Leaders who did a fantastic job. I thought I would share with you some of the thanks they have received - I hope those who wrote them will forgive me for going public!

thank you so much for a wonderful day on Sunday. The girls had a fantastic time, ... the feedback from parents has been brilliant. I was at a school meeting last night and it was the talk of Thames Ditton Junior school - the Year 4 teachers had heard all about it from the Brownies, and some of the neighbours were very intrigued about what was going on and couldn't believe that girls could make so much noise (even though they'd had the flier through the door). I think they were a bit jealous about not being there! I think it's done a lot to raise the profile of guiding locally and it certainly got the centenary year off to a great start. I know you all worked very hard, and it showed in the range of activities available and the organisation before and on the day. The leaders and girls (and the parents of those happy but shattered girls!) from Esher Division would like to say a big Thank You. Hopefully we can return the favour one day. I've already had one Brownie parent talk about having her CRB done so she can help out more because her daughter had such a good time - the same one who wasn't sure whether her daughter was robust enough to join such a big event. I just hope they don't start expecting all events to be in the same league in future!
wow what a wonderful day, many many thanks to you all and the rest of your team, all of whom put together a memorable day. Since moving into Surrey West I have been very impressed with some great moments of guiding however, Sunday really does take the biscuit. Well done.
Alice too had a wonderful day, it was great to see her attempting things I never would have thought she would, and doing so with a huge grin. She went to bed exhausted but quoting "that was the best ever day" .. and that is what it is all about.

Thank you so much for all your hard work and that of your team who organised a fantastic day today. All my Brownies and my daughter had a wonderful day, ... We really appreciate all of your efforts over the months it has taken to organise this event, you can all be very proud of yourselves......Please pass on my thanks to your special team and I hope you get to have a celebratory drink for a job well done.
A HUGE thank you to you & your team, for all your hard work to make Wet & Wacky such a fantastic success!! It was great to see so many happy smiling Guiding faces, all having such great fun! All the Brownies, Guides, Leaders & guests that came from Farnham Division had a brilliant time, went home very happy & just a little tired.

There were, of course, many, many more. I would like to add a Thank you form me - Ladies I hope someone is at home tomorrow at your house as there may be a delivery for you....

And there were some comments like this.....
PS One of my Mums who came as her daughter's guest was so enthused by it all that she has now finally decided to become a leader with me at Guides!!! So a very special thank you for that little bonus too!

You couldn't hope for more!

No comments: