Wednesday 16 September 2009

An unbalanced life

I am so busy! But only in hometime. As the recession continues, paid work is scarce and there are only so many times you can ring clients before it becomes stalking, so I scratch around for useful things to do during the day. We have had more redundancies and there are numerous early retirements so my office is going to be much emptier next month. To look on the bright side that will mean it is easier to get a desk.
Guiding on the other hand could more than easily fill this time - but I can't let it. Today I am, rather late in the day, trying to find a venue for a recruitment training on November 7th. I have to do the various planning permissions for Herons Wey and meet a builder for an outline quote. I should probably also ask our Treasurer how much money we already have.
I need to find some new Advisers, review which appointments are coming up, follow up on the retirement gift and new Surrey Lion Award, look through the Guiding Development Group plans, start thinking more about retention....and I still have Lost property from Wet and Wacky. My six bags have now morphed into five bags and lots of little piles. The three bags in the office remain untouched - until later today when I collect them.
I am, though, very encouraged by the number of positive comments about Wet and Wacky and pleased that some material offers of help have been produced. I have suggested to my District we hold a Mother and Daughter evening to build on this - our Friends of Guiding could get some new members or we could get more Leaders.

No comments: