Tuesday 22 September 2009

Lots of goodbyes

This post is about work rather than Guiding - I hope you will forgive me. We are currently in that rather odd limbo where we know 19 people are being consulted for redundancy and we know most of their names - but we have to pretend we don't until they tell us themselves. Of course they will be moving on soon and there are many I will miss very much. In a recent round in New Zealand a very good friend lost her job, so this month will be difficult.

Next week a good number of people are taking early retirement and some of them have already gone.

All in all there are a lot of goodbyes. Of course, it impacts morale but I have to praise these soon-to-be redundant employees in that they are all, or at least the ones I have spoken to, positive. They often say that those who leave can be the best ambassadors for your organisation. Let's hope so. I have never regretted leaving an organisation but always look back with fondness at the time I worked there.

No comments: