Tuesday 2 November 2010

Back to proper Guiding

I have at last cleared out my car of almost all camp things. The tent is hanging in the kitchen and everything else has been put away having been washed.
Camp was very cold (at least -3 the first morning I would estimate) but bright and sunny which was lovely - until Tuesday when it rained. Rain is miserable - no escape and gloomy. It rained on Tuesday night and the wind accelerated down Herons Wey and hit my tent and the walls were close to horizontal. It also drove rain in so I was wet. At least it was warm so I didn't need the blankets. Miraculously the rain cleared to give us a dry strike - that is why my tent has been in the boot for nearly a week and I haven't hurried to get it out.
Don' think it was a miserable camp, though, lots of camaraderie and activities. The team whooranised it did a brilliant job. Thanks, everyone.

No comments: