Monday 29 November 2010

Felting and the Trefoil Guild Quiz

I spent a lovely Saturday learning how to make felt with my mother and sister. It was quite therapeutic. It was held in the Sunbury Millennium Embroidery Centre. If you haven't seen the Embroidery then it is worth a special trip. It was created for the Centenary and tells you about Sunbury and its histrory. It is housed in a beautiful walled garden. You will be amazed by the skill, the artistry and the sheer beauty of the embroidery and the walled garden looks gorgeous whatever the time of year. The Centre also has an excellent cafe!
On Thursday we went to the Trefoil Guild Quiz for an evening of competition and fun. My mother, daughter and I attached ourselves to Emberbrook for the evening; thanks to Margaret, Bridget and Valerie for putting up with us. Fortunately we won due to some quite amazing knowledge about old films and other things.
I would also like to wish Margaret Nelson good luck as she goes into hospital for a knee replacement tomorrow. A week with my feet up sounds like luxury but I know Margaret is an active body and may not like sitting still for too long.

No comments: