Saturday 13 November 2010

Life after a few days of good sleep

As the month has worn on my stress levels have risen. I have a lot of work, losing my laptop was stressful (I got it back with a broken screen), I have had several Guiding meetings this week with late finishes, my husband has been away again......but I eventually decided enough was enough. I haven't slept well and it was a vicious circle (less sleep = more stress = less sleep). So I decided to focus on getting a good night's sleep. I am not a good sleeper at the best of times so this is never easy. I went to bed early having had a glass of milk. I tried to relax before I went and I made myself as comfortable as possible. As my husband was away there was no-one to disturb me. Result - a reasonable night's sleep. The next night was better and last night you would have struggled to wake me. I feel so much better. I have more energy and next week at work looks manageable even though it is still packed.

PS - If you want to go to the Railway Children then I have 14 names but I need to confirm the booking and pay next Friday so let me know asap so I get enough tickets.

No comments: